What's new

The Server Economy / New Players

Zarya14

Hello everybody,

Before you start reading me, I want to make it clear that this is just a shake and not a attack at the Wom Team.

As a member of the wom community, who likes the server and wants to see the server in a lasting way.
I hope you respect my opinion and I hope even more that you agree with what I'm going to say. (that's mean we are on the same boat, on the same good side)
To be clear as possible, what you are going to read it's a combination of ideas from several players, from severals levels, beginners, and olders.

So let's talk about WOM's economy.

--> The first topic was the amount of bonus changers due to December Event, Bonus Changers are a main trade-able and farming item, that decides the economy direction of the server and i think the economy started to broke since that Event. I think such event should not be repeated at least if he is, we should moderate the quantity of bonus changers.

--> The second one, it's the books, I'm gonna call it , THE CUT OFF
I will give you an example: A Warrior Aura nowadays is paying 3.5kk for each Aura of Sword,(15kk- 20kk on Secrets) so if he reads successfuly every book (what we know that definitely will not happen or if that happen we need to sum up the cost of a hermit), he will pay 192,5kk in 55 Auras if we mention the ones that fail, we exceed 400kk easily.
Let's be honest, making 400kk (not not mention money for items with 20% dd,, the gloves... bla bla, it's a BIG BUDGET for someone with a smooth start) for a beginner it's a LOT.. (we have a beginner in the guild who did this in 2 months but he work at home and spent 8-9h day farming) as you know, Not everyone can afford to spend so many hours here.
We know it's not not suppose to be a easy server but.... I have been seeing low levels quitting the game due to this issue and it's kind of heart breaking for us, we can't have new blood on the server because of that.
I understand the need to make books worth something, but people are STRULLING/ SUFFOCATIING with books and ends up leaving wom forever with not a good experience about it.
Why not relieve that step, and just make possible to drop books with more % chance? way more than that...( would stay on a "hard" mode since it's exist 48 books but at least we can "reliave" all that tention about getting a book)

And lastly, and not least, Event Calendar of March? BattlePass?

We were all counting on it being something magical, 1 year of server and it's been a BORING month, in addition to BP which has an ugly costume and is one of the WORST MISSION/REWARS so far.

Why the month of March is a month of just "repeated events" and why are they so focused at the end of the month ? Some people are with family, have vacations, we know it's the anniversary and it's like a specific date but... concentring all of that cool events on the end.. turns the begin/middle of march very "low, little to be desire".
People are getting bored and just wait for the end of the month.

I hope this discussion is already a subject in the Wom staff and i hope it will be a "plus" to move and change things.

Wish you people a good weekend.
Best Regards,

Last edited:

thavo

Things are getting rough, fortunatly i'm not low level on these days. I have seen a lot of recruited low levels quitting the game because of the strugle . Everything got very expensive suddenly. I remeber that those Auras costed 700k each.
And making things harder for low levels (like low change of dropping books) is getting it worst.

Last edited:

Toxic

Y'all are a bit dramatic with the low level struggles, the prices for poly marbles ensure low levels should be able to get enough cash from higher levels to get by. And you can sell more than poly marbles for high prices. I'm not saying the server is perfect, but if you "abuse" the market like everyone else does you get by just fine

IDemonI

Imo, low lv is not hard. I just started playig again like 2 weeks ago and i dont feel like it being hard yet
But i think the game should actually be harder as u progress in level, rather than at the start. I dont have any suggestions in that mater besides making the upgrade rate a bit higher for low lvls, since i only playied low lv here.

DeCiMaToR

I have a little mixed feelings about this post.

First off, I 100% agree that the server needs new players, and there are definitely ways the low level gameplay can be improved, also making it easier to new players to get to a point where they actually can farm.

However, changing the droprate of aura books is not the main solution in my eyes. When I was still in low/mid level, dropping an aura that was worth 500k didn't feel rewarding really, and besides that, it is not mandatory to have aura on G as fast as possible, you can farm with lower Ms just as well, just with a little less dmg.

Also, having books that are more valuable allows you to decide if you rather sell them, so you can get your hands on equipment faster, or rather read them yourself, depending on what will help you more. Or, even creating another char that needs cheaper books.
Regarding the economy, I think it is better for lower level players than before, due to the fact that other items you drop raised in value (like books, changers, hermits, exos, polys), while for example a basic rib+9 is still at 30kk, just like months ago.

It is also a bit about how you play. You need to actually use your brain a little, and maybe not try to change or upp something all the time when you have barely any income (yet), and instead sell the dropped items, buy the equipment you need (as there is tons of low level eq on the market for way cheaper prices than you could make yourself), and once you are in a good position, you can still try changin/upping with any excess money you have.

Again, I agree that there are ways to make the very beginning less of a struggle, especially the time until you have an armed horse/weapon so you can actually farm, but the economy/book situation is - in my eyes - not necessarily one of them.

Regarding the BP, yes they messed up this month.
The anniversary is next month, however, so we will see what they prepared for it, hopefully it will be something good.

TVA

Now there is way lower concurrency in map1/map2/valley - so new players have it better now.
Let's imagine that the problem with expensive auras will be solved and it's 500k.
This players will make Aura G, then they will have another struggles with the SS'es , Pet (which is hard and requires a lot of money + time).

TVA

I totally agree with the fact that we have boring events calendar.
In best months(non Christmas / Easter) - we usually have 1 Jigsaw and maybe 2 OX (which have f&cked up question).
The game will be more dynamic if we had Jigsaw + metin rains once in 1/2 weeks.

IDemonI

The thing is yesterday i failed all the books i read on all my characters xd
4 + bestiarity skill book + gathering + horse taming + refine manual on the body war
4 on the sura
4 on the buffer + sun zi
2 on mental. Thats actually rough... 0 books in a day on 4 characters... And i agree people would actuay quit for smth like this

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

thank you very much for these comments, its very useful thing to see through different experinces and thoughts about the topic and all that from players point of view. Because whats hard for one player might not be for some other player (example above), desires and needs are different... the ways players play this game are different and etc etc
So what can i say, keep it comming your opinion matter to us. I'm 👀

Regards

IDemonI

Hello,

thank you very much for these comments, its very useful thing to see through different experinces and thoughts about the topic and all that from players point of view. Because whats hard for one player might not be for some other player (example above), desires and needs are different... the ways players play this game are different and etc etc
So what can i say, keep it comming your opinion matter to us. I'm 👀

Regards
Something i really want to point out, the lack of yang burners at low-medium level will lead to inflation. We need more yang burners for sure. Maybe a fee when entering specific dungeons, shop search tax increased...(50 yang? Fr?) Etc. You guys know better, but i wanted to point that out

wom2player

To be honest new player have many ways to earn money to easily get eq, inflation doesn't change anything when u can farm 25kk+ per hour in m2. (get savage minion poly= +10kk). You can drop items for collection quest, u can farm metins, u can farm horse medals, if u like u can flip some items on the market. March events in fact are garbage.

Now there is way lower concurrency in map1/map2/valley - so new players have it better now.
Totally disagree with that. I have drop char 35 lvl and sometimes i just give up with farming when i enter m2/yongbi in normal hours (after work for most of people) because there is so many guys farming.
Let's imagine that the problem with expensive auras will be solved and it's 500k.
Auras costs how much does it cost because body warrior is the best drop char. My sura 35 with blade P + mid green potion + helmet 8as kill metins so much slower than body with aura m+ + rib