DeCiMaToR
Active member
First, I want to mention the positive aspects of the latest patch.
This includes actually implementing a new feature that improved QoL, as well as some adjustments like removing flower chests from some boss chests, which was asked for by the playerbase for a long time now.
I generally see this as the best patch in quite some time, however, I still take issue with a couple things, that I want to adress here:
1. Bugs after a patch
This is a reoccurring theme with patches, and it can get really frustrating. Last time it dungeons not working properly, now it is all pets being at 100% hunger and 0% fidelty.
Please, just make sure everything works after a patch, it is crucial to do some basic testing before implementing it. Some obscure things that might not be obvious can be forgiven, but something like this is very obvious, frustrating, and most importantly, detremental, as this for example puts huge strain on the already limited supply of "Shank of Meat", as now the entire server needs to feed their pets.
2. Proper patchnotes
This is something that should be completely obvious, which is why I am utterly confused about this oversight.
The dungeon manager is a great addition, yes. The features get explained in the patchnotes as well.
But then it gets added in the most obscure place in the entire game, which is this tiny strip between "4" and "F1" in the quick access bar, which already is questionable (instead of it being added to the minimap for example). But the worst of all - NO explanation where to find it ingame.
I got online, excited to check out the Dungeon Manager, but couldn't find it anywhere. I asked several people ingame, nobody knew where to find it, until someone from discord helped me out.
3. Team availability after a patch
It is quite puzzling to me, how there has been a new, bigger patch, with new content as well, but not a single team member was online to address any potential issues (and who would've thought, there were!).
As a player, you feel left alone in these cases, which also kills the motivation. Especially with such a history of bugs after patches, this should be the bare minimum.
4. Ring of Frozen Wings being obsolete now
As mentioned already, I like the dungeon manager, and also the fact that you can port to the dungeons from there.
However, now the ring of frozen wings is completely useless. This is a big oversight in my opinion. People spent a lot of money for it, mainly to port to the Aqua Dragon, and not just that, it now will remain a completely useless nemere item in the future as well.
At this point, the entire ring might as well get removed.
I think it would've been fair to at least give the ring another purpose.
All this combined sadly transformed this bigger patch, which on paper is great, and that I was excited about after reading the patch notes, to a rather disappointing one, at least initially.
The things I mentioned are nothing major and not hard to execute, but make a big impact in terms of player satisfaction and also how the server is being perceived.
This includes actually implementing a new feature that improved QoL, as well as some adjustments like removing flower chests from some boss chests, which was asked for by the playerbase for a long time now.
I generally see this as the best patch in quite some time, however, I still take issue with a couple things, that I want to adress here:
1. Bugs after a patch
This is a reoccurring theme with patches, and it can get really frustrating. Last time it dungeons not working properly, now it is all pets being at 100% hunger and 0% fidelty.
Please, just make sure everything works after a patch, it is crucial to do some basic testing before implementing it. Some obscure things that might not be obvious can be forgiven, but something like this is very obvious, frustrating, and most importantly, detremental, as this for example puts huge strain on the already limited supply of "Shank of Meat", as now the entire server needs to feed their pets.
2. Proper patchnotes
This is something that should be completely obvious, which is why I am utterly confused about this oversight.
The dungeon manager is a great addition, yes. The features get explained in the patchnotes as well.
But then it gets added in the most obscure place in the entire game, which is this tiny strip between "4" and "F1" in the quick access bar, which already is questionable (instead of it being added to the minimap for example). But the worst of all - NO explanation where to find it ingame.
I got online, excited to check out the Dungeon Manager, but couldn't find it anywhere. I asked several people ingame, nobody knew where to find it, until someone from discord helped me out.
3. Team availability after a patch
It is quite puzzling to me, how there has been a new, bigger patch, with new content as well, but not a single team member was online to address any potential issues (and who would've thought, there were!).
As a player, you feel left alone in these cases, which also kills the motivation. Especially with such a history of bugs after patches, this should be the bare minimum.
4. Ring of Frozen Wings being obsolete now
As mentioned already, I like the dungeon manager, and also the fact that you can port to the dungeons from there.
However, now the ring of frozen wings is completely useless. This is a big oversight in my opinion. People spent a lot of money for it, mainly to port to the Aqua Dragon, and not just that, it now will remain a completely useless nemere item in the future as well.
At this point, the entire ring might as well get removed.
I think it would've been fair to at least give the ring another purpose.
All this combined sadly transformed this bigger patch, which on paper is great, and that I was excited about after reading the patch notes, to a rather disappointing one, at least initially.
The things I mentioned are nothing major and not hard to execute, but make a big impact in terms of player satisfaction and also how the server is being perceived.