What's new

Q&a chat

yanone

I propose creating a dedicated channel on Discord where players can ask questions and receive answers from game masters. This channel would operate similar to a ticket system, but with the added benefit of visibility to everyone, much like the forum. I believe this would be particularly useful in the absence of a comprehensive wiki. As an example, I myself am curious whether the Thief Glove 3H and 1H are identical, or if it is still worth acquiring only the 1H version witch was 2.5x i think.

Edit Maybe this will also reduce the useless and repeated questions baloo has to answer every 2 minutes and players don't have to stay and hunt for a online gm

24h cooldown and ppl who are trolling would get muted.
And only the gm and the person who created the ticket can write into it.

Last edited:

Toxic

Could work if it would have a huge slow mode, like 12h cooldown or even a day between each message, but people might still try to spam and argue there; I think it would constantly need a moderator on it to keep it clean

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

Unfortunately, the role of a Game Master is to support players with real issues such as stolen accounts, payments, harassment, banning hackers and so on and so forth, which is already an insane amount of work to do. Teaching players how to play the game isn't part of their duties, and one should learn these information by playing the game or by word of mouth from one player to another, or by reading guides on the forum.

Warm wishes,
Essence.

yanone

Well, i consider this should be added until a wiki get's done, also GM's should include things like nerfing objects and bosses spawn rate into the patch notes, players will ask anyway, by spamming the discord chat, a gm messages in game or creating tickets just to ask things
I really hate the new ideea of trying things before knowing and thinking i almost rushed to 55 just to find out that items dropped from level 55 metin stones are almost the same price as the 35

Last edited:

Toxic

Well, i consider this should be added until a wiki get's done, also GM's should include things like nerfing objects and bosses spawn rate into the patch notes, players will ask anyway, by spamming the discord chat, a gm messages in game or creating tickets just to ask things
I really hate the new ideea of trying things before knowing and thinking i almost rushed to 55 just to find out that items dropped from level 55 metin stones are almost the same price as the 35
No wiki will be added, they stated this multiple times.

Also @Essence did you guys consider getting moderators or helpers? To take the load off GMs of answering player questions about the game?
Could be just normal players that know the game in depth that would just serve as a step between normal players and GMs.

Pachol

I had exactly the same thoughts.
Why don't you hire helpers, pay them in dragon coins, use this suggestion and create discord channel for Q&A, add "Helper" label in friend list.

Toxic

I had exactly the same thoughts.
Why don't you hire helpers, pay them in dragon coins, use this suggestion and create discord channel for Q&A, add "Helper" label in friend list.
Pay them some crap dragon coins amount so only people that actually want to help apply and it should be better, I think..
I'm only saying this because I saw the idea of helpers on plenty of servers and everyone and their moms apply just to get free coins