What's new

Is it just me, or has the community aspect of Metin2 completely vanished?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a few thoughts after playing on WoM2 server for about three weeks now. I’m hoping to start a open discussion and see if others feel the same way—no offense intended to anyone!

Metin2 has always been a big part of my gaming life. In fact, through this game, I’ve met wonderful people who became true friends in real life. However, coming back and playing recently has been a strange and somewhat disheartening experience due to how overly individualistic the game feels now.

Here are a few things I’ve noticed during my time on the server:

Ghost Towns full of AFK players: You see dozens of people standing in the city square, but almost nobody is actually there. Out of 20 people you try to talk to, maybe one responds.

Zero communication: Even simple questions in general chat—like asking how an event works—get completely ignored. The only time people use chat is to trade. I constantly have to alt-tab out of the game and look through the website or Wiki just to understand basic server mechanics because nobody answers in-game.

No room for casuals or new players: I tried asking to join a guild just to socialize, but because I’m low level and playing casually "for fun," I was flat out rejected. There seems to be very little interest in helping new players or building a community.

Changing kingdoms didn't help: I even created characters in other kingdoms and found people from my own country, but the result was the same: everyone is permanently AFK or strictly focused on their own grind.

I understand that Metin2 is a competitive game, and obviously, nobody expects players to act like a charity organization. But at the end of the day, it's still a video game. Part of the magic used to be fooling around, making jokes, making mistakes together, and just wasting time enjoying the social side of an MMORPG. Today, the mindset—both on official servers and private ones—feels so hyper-optimized and isolated that it’s almost overwhelming.

Why do you think the game evolved this way? Is it just the mindset of modern players, or has the game design pushed us into this antisocial dynamic?

I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences below.
 
Most of events & game insides are explained pressing H and searching on wiki, you make players friends by different circumstances not standing map1 and getting pm ed constantly.
 

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I get where you're coming from. I'd recommend trying the WoM2 Discord too, since a lot of the community interaction has moved there. You might have a much better experience finding people, guilds and getting answers than through in-game chat alone.

Warm wishes,
Essence.
 

DeCiMaToR

Active member
I think it can be tricky on map1 because sadly there are many people who just beg 24/7, and I don't just mean new players who need some yang to start but people who write to almost everyone who is map1 not just once but multiple times.
I could imagine that being a reason for people ignoring someone they dont know.
Also, it is true that many players are just online afk for shop time for example.

However, it is not true that everyone is focussed on their own grind. Actually, there are many people who play with others or even in groups, sharing accounts and farming together. Of course, if you want to do this as well, it is not easy to find someone, you just gotta keep your eye open.

From my experience, most friendships develop from trading, when you get to talk with someone after buying or selling.
 

M4XD

New member
You should try talking to players that you meet while farming stones. When i came back to wom, i met a lot of players in map2 and fireland(especially here) that started conversations with me, and kept it going. It's more enjoyable to have someone to talk to while farming, even more so when you farm in the same map.
 
Top