What's new

How to make PvP great again

PlaQ

These implementations were suggested by me on an Older well known Server (some may recognise which one) with huge success.

Implement streamlined Push & regulate the use of it:
- Make Push more accessible (especially Dews) since its balanced around it
- Change Fishes into PvM Push only
- Change Hero Medals, Witchers coin and similar push into PvM only.

Make PvP Events more usefull for the actuall people that attend it & regulate them:

Nation War:

- Make it once a week
- Remove all kind of Handicap Rules from NW
- Change the reward to Drop Chance & 5% Monster
- If you attend Nation War and reach 5 Kills gain 1 Coin
- Add a coin Shop with Rewards

EDIT:
Dojang:
- Allow the use of Tiger/Dragon Push in Dojang
- Add a Dojang winner Coin Shop for each category. Attendance = 1 Coin ---> 1 Round win = 1 Coin ----> Dojang Win = 3 Coins
- Add Unique Costmetics, and usefull / Valuable Stuff into this Shop. Example for Hero Category. Other categorys should have lower rewards.
- 50 Coins --> Unique Costume Set
- 25 Coins --> Alchemy Switcher
- 15 Coins --> BP Scrolls & more optional rewards.

Last edited:

denis007112

These implementations were suggested by me on an Older well known Server (some may recognise which one) with huge success.

Implement streamlined Push & regulate the use of it:
- Make Push more accessible (especially Dews) since its balanced around it
- Change Fishes into PvM Push only
- Change Hero Medals, Witchers coin and similar push into PvM only.

Make PvP Events more usefull for the actuall people that attend it & regulate them:

Nation War:

- Make it once a week
- Remove all kind of Handicap Rules from NW
- Change the reward to Drop Chance & 5% Monster
- If you attend Nation War and reach 5 Kills gain 1 Coin
- Add a coin Shop with Rewards

Dojang:
- Allow the use of Tiger/Dragon Push in Dojang
- Add a Dojang winner Coin Shop for each category. 1 win = 1 Coin.
- Add Unique Costmetics, and usefull / Valuable Stuff into this Shop. Example for Hero Category. Other categorys should have lower rewards.
- 10 Coins --> Unique Costume Set
- 5 Coins --> Alchemy Switcher
- 3 Coins --> BP Scrolls & more optional rewards.
+1

darwizzy

the coins currency for the dojang is nice, but i was thinking more like attendece = 1 coin + 1 additional per round won + 5/10 coins per win, alchemic changer for example can be 100 coins, people would start joining dojang even tho they know they won't win the tournament

IDemonI

Great ideea but idk about the alchemic changer. Imo thats the thing that ruined old wom. Everybody made full cl5, switched and voila, and we all knew the outcome, bm best 1v1 char, etc etc, all becouse of alchemic changer. But +1

PlaQ

the coins currency for the dojang is nice, but i was thinking more like attendece = 1 coin + 1 additional per round won + 5/10 coins per win, alchemic changer for example can be 100 coins, people would start joining dojang even tho they know they won't win the tournament
great addition

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Let's address the issue with dews and fishes first. It seems contradictory to remove the PvP variants of fishes and so on, while introducing Azrael's bone accessories to Dojang. Essentially, it's like saying, "Let's remove these items because they're not accessible to everyone and they are hard to get, but let's add these other items because there are plenty available on the server."

Flowers and vitality ores. It's evident from your inventories, which I'm aware of (not surprising, I suppose), that about 90% of you hoard these resources without using them. It's easier to claim these items are inaccessible than to engage in the effort of gathering and utilizing them.

Regarding the NW, my aim is to enhance its enjoyment and duration. It's worth noting that some NW events were canceled due to player reluctance to participate, necessitating manual intervention to close them. Now, it seems your own actions are having repercussions. So here there will be some changes in the near future and we will see base of your reaction if you want to move on with this event or not.

As for the coin shop, I have a similar project in mind. However, it won't feature PvM items. PvP systems and associated events are prone to exploitation, so while I understand the desire for rewards, access to PvM items isn't up for discussion. Cosmetics, DC, and some yang (as it currently stands) seem to be the most viable options. The issue with Dojang, in my view, lies in the need to make it engaging for everyone, regardless of whether they have PvP gear or not. The purpose of these events is to have fun while participating and perhaps receive something in return.

If you think about attendance rewards like the yang we have now the shop should be less "valuable" cause eventually everyone will make coins, also it needs to be restricted cause you can join with 5 accounts to dojang or even more, depending on how many laptops and pc's you have. I need to think about these cause it can lead to overflowing the market.

Most of the players like to stay and do pvm until they feel like they will cope with a pvp event. Most of the people do not like to get owned and loose, or stay on the ground 24/7 so this is why they avoid pvp encounters.

I'll keep the discussion going because I want us to chat openly. Hopefully, it works out well, but who knows, it might come back to bite me too :D

What would you like too see in that shop, let's count PvM stuff as well for the moment. Alchemic bonus changers are surely not the answer. Trust me if I put pvm stuff in there for some events that are weekly it will blow up the market.
What I can easily offer are cosmetics, timed/perma. I want to share with you that I am working on some changes for the timed costumes in the bp so they are a little more useful rather than have it to look how it fits you, this system can be applied to those costumes in the "coin shop"

Off-topic: I feel like in the meme with You: "We want KFC" Me: "We have KFC at home" KFC at home:......

PlaQ

Let's address the issue with dews and fishes first. It seems contradictory to remove the PvP variants of fishes and so on, while introducing Azrael's bone accessories to Dojang. Essentially, it's like saying, "Let's remove these items because they're not accessible to everyone and they are hard to get, but let's add these other items because there are plenty available on the server."

Flowers and vitality ores. It's evident from your inventories, which I'm aware of (not surprising, I suppose), that about 90% of you hoard these resources without using them. It's easier to claim these items are inaccessible than to engage in the effort of gathering and utilizing them.

Regarding the NW, my aim is to enhance its enjoyment and duration. It's worth noting that some NW events were canceled due to player reluctance to participate, necessitating manual intervention to close them. Now, it seems your own actions are having repercussions. So here there will be some changes in the near future and we will see base of your reaction if you want to move on with this event or not.

As for the coin shop, I have a similar project in mind. However, it won't feature PvM items. PvP systems and associated events are prone to exploitation, so while I understand the desire for rewards, access to PvM items isn't up for discussion. Cosmetics, DC, and some yang (as it currently stands) seem to be the most viable options. The issue with Dojang, in my view, lies in the need to make it engaging for everyone, regardless of whether they have PvP gear or not. The purpose of these events is to have fun while participating and perhaps receive something in return.

If you think about attendance rewards like the yang we have now the shop should be less "valuable" cause eventually everyone will make coins, also it needs to be restricted cause you can join with 5 accounts to dojang or even more, depending on how many laptops and pc's you have. I need to think about these cause it can lead to overflowing the market.

Most of the players like to stay and do pvm until they feel like they will cope with a pvp event. Most of the people do not like to get owned and loose, or stay on the ground 24/7 so this is why they avoid pvp encounters.

I'll keep the discussion going because I want us to chat openly. Hopefully, it works out well, but who knows, it might come back to bite me too :D

What would you like too see in that shop, let's count PvM stuff as well for the moment. Alchemic bonus changers are surely not the answer. Trust me if I put pvm stuff in there for some events that are weekly it will blow up the market.
What I can easily offer are cosmetics, timed/perma. I want to share with you that I am working on some changes for the timed costumes in the bp so they are a little more useful rather than have it to look how it fits you, this system can be applied to those costumes in the "coin shop"

Off-topic: I feel like in the meme with You: "We want KFC" Me: "We have KFC at home" KFC at home:......
Since that is a proper and respectful answer from you, I will gladly come back with what I think of certain ways in which you seem to view the game different then the players.

1: Flowers / vitality Ores / and any kind of push may be accessible in the way you describe. But you have to look at it from the perspective of PvP players. PvP should be a rewarding activity to show your progress with the time you play and evolve, which means most of the progress should be invested in your EQ & Alchemy. You cannot participate in high-end PvP without having full push, as it is far too important. Having to pay 100k for every 10 minutes of PvP makes it cost ineffective and a lot of times people decide not to participate for this very reason. You also minimalise small skirmishes in Map1 or other Maps due to insane high maintance costs of PvP. On the Old Server we sometimes had 2-5 fights a day Map1. It was accessible and easy to participate without many downsides. We are not complaining about the effort needed to claim these push items. Its just not helping the game to Progress and enhance the PvP eniviroment.

2: Glad to hear you are working on it. A lot of servers seem to think that the players decide how important PvP is on a server. It is not the players who decide to participate or not, it is the given circumstances that make PvP here not really enjoyable. Find ways to encourage people to participate in PvP. Ist up to you to draw players attention to PvP.

3: The coin Shop idea worked perfectly fine (on the given server) even if it had items that could be unsed in PvM as well. But I am glad to hear that you guys are considering it. Dojang, NW and other Events should encourage to participate in PvP and create the urge to make a PvP Char.

4: Having attendance related rewards can be handicapped by your side (Allow 1 Account per HWID to enter Dojang /NW) and setting a minimum of X amount of Half Human Bonus in the EQ to enter/register. I do not know if you can do this here on Wom2, but it was possible.

5: Having Alchemic Bonus Changer / Scrolls in the Dojang shop would not even make a big difference. Because even just collecting enough coins for 1 would take either a lot of time by just participating (several months) or you would have to be winning consistently the Dojang. You could also make coins non tradable to prevent further abuse. Rewards for NW should be obviously way less impactfull but should reward you for participating in the Events instead of costing you money.

6: Time limited Items SHOULD NEVER give any PvP realted Bonuses. (hero Medals, Costumes with Attack etc). Make them PvM impact only

I am happy that we can have a great conversation. And hopefully change it to have a positive impact on Wom2.

Sarcosuchus

and I don't see a good result on this one either, judging by your thoughts on flowers and liquids. as drew said: Everything is perfectly thought and balanced already, no need for changes!. I think you should close this thread.