What's new

Allow players to store mount skins

Acorn

Hello all!

I would like to make a suggestion of allowing players to store their mount skins after using them. A similar system to the costume and hairstyle storage system. To me, and I suspect a lot of other players it doesn't make much sense as to why we are forced to give up skins we like for using more effective ones (for example having to ditch my current bernie husky skin for the bunny skin as the bunny skin moves faster). We as players have paid for these skins, either from itemshop or from another player and it feels almost like "stealing" from us players if every time we purchase and override a skin it disappears. I understand that maybe this may not be a priority to be implemented by the game dev team and that's ok. There's two ways about this I think, so we as players do not lose the skins.
1. You implement a system that record the skins that have been used by players so that way when you do decide to implement a skin storage system, all the skins used by players have been stored already. I suspect creating an interface, testing the system, etc takes a lot longer but just adding a command that stores each player's individual mount skin may not be as difficult but at least we as players know that our skins are not being wasted.
2. Allow players to take photo/video evidence of their mounts so when it comes to the system being implemented they can submit their evidence and have the mount skins applied manually by staff. Obviously this is a very poor way of doing this, it puts more pressure on staff and there are a lot more ways that this can go wrong, but it is a way nonetheless.

If we can have a system for storing costumes surely we can also have a system for storing mount skins.

And if you are worried about players changing between mount skins too often, maybe add a cooldown timer of 24h or an itemshop item that allows you to swap between owned mount skins?

r1r2r3

Just get more pets, for each skin you want to own - the limit is 3, that could be increased. Yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic, but this is what you'll likely be told by the team, that you can already have/level multiple pets and own/use some of the skins you love, but not all of them.

I'm not seeing this implemented in any way. The system is built around usable skin seals from what I'm seeing - unless they do a bit of a revamp and turn those seals into "wearable" items in a pet interface, but if this happens then we'll most likely also get pet skins with bonuses, better in PvP/PvM and so on...

Acorn

Just get more pets, for each skin you want to own - the limit is 3, that could be increased. Yes, I'm being a bit sarcastic, but this is what you'll likely be told by the team, that you can already have/level multiple pets and own/use some of the skins you love, but not all of them.

I'm not seeing this implemented in any way. The system is built around usable skin seals from what I'm seeing - unless they do a bit of a revamp and turn those seals into "wearable" items in a pet interface, but if this happens then we'll most likely also get pet skins with bonuses, better in PvP/PvM and so on...
Well, the mount skins already give a flat attack value bonus. Like I said, if they don't want people to be swapping between mount skins all the time they could add a cooldown or an itemshop item to allow players to swap between the mount skins, but it is really unfair that we have to give up a skin that we paid for if we want to override it.

SairusHunt

They would first have to bring the 4 basic mounts to the same values as the premium ones, so that once you have any pet evolved, it is then only a matter of skins and not attack/eva/def. Then you would only buy skins for some universal mount seal. It would surely be easier than bringing all mounts to an equal animation speed, but to be honest that will always be a better solution.. not forcing players who love their wolf, tiger or lion to get some ugly this or that just for more attack and eventually seeing everyone give up whichever mount they have to ride the same damn cerberus. It is so true what Acorn said, people invest a lot of money and end up losing them because suddenly a new mount is faster or the one they bought is slow as a horse. Imo there is no need for any mount to be that much faster than a horse, but it looks like it got out of hand.. not that it ever was there.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

I think we had some sugg like this long ago but i forwarded this one as well, perhaps as a reminder 😊
To be honest i like it, we will see if our team has anything to say.
Thank you.

Regards.

Acorn

Is this thread going to be considered or are we just throwing our money out every time we buy a mount skin?

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

at the moment i do not gave any update on this fir you sadly.

Regards.