What's new

Adding lilac bonus changers

IDemonI

Imo, lilac bonus changers are needed rn... The transition from low lv to medium lv is really harsh rn, becouse of the price difference between green changers and normal ones (800k for green ones, 2.5kk for normal ones) and i think this would help with a smoother transition. Also i think the range for dropping normal changers, is too big, and its not motivating players to aim for high levels.
Edit: i know this would upset many mid level farmers, but to keep the market alive we need new players, not ones that would quit after analyzing the market for 2 hours

Last edited:

RathyB

This was the general consensus when I was playing actively.
Green changers only for AVG weapons.
Normal changers for actually rolling bonuses on other items. In short, if you don't roll AVG, you sell Green and buy Normal changers.

I'm still surprised this is information that's not known. As I said, if nothing has changed in the past months, yes, trying to roll for maximum bonuses with Green Changers is shooting yourself in the leg.

Think it has been like this since server start. The item database might be from the old server, so you'll find there things that are not in game, never have been and will not be. At the same time, you sometimes won't find items that are in game, such as newly added costumes or not.
Actually I wasn't aware of that I just tried normal bonus changer on lvl 15 bracelet and got 20 dd first try, so less 100kk (maybe more or less) that I have to spend

Proteus

The lilac changers are needed to balance the mid level metins a little bit. At the moment farming map2 is more profitable then the mid level maps (metins lv 40, 45 and 55) since the changer drop is very bad and the chaoses are not much better tbh. Why would you farm the mid level metins for 2-3 bonus changers per hour when you can farm map2 and get around 30 green changers + poly marbles (savage minion around 11kk, savage 4-5kk and the black wind soldier 2-3kk). There is a reason nobody sane farms lv 45 metins. It is not okay for a map2 farmer with a 300kk eq to farm the same amount of yang that a lv 40-55 farmer farms. The only map that is worth jumping to from map2 is the snakefield with a yang set.

Example:

1h farm in snake field lv 45 metins with glove:

3-4 normal changers (lets say 10kk)
3 chaoses (7,5kk, 2,5 each)
cash (2kk)
uppgrades like scorpion tail, scorpion claw and snake tail+ that have a shitty drop anyway (3kk)
books (around 4kk)

Thats around 26kk. If you subtract the glove there is a 20kk profit in one hour.

Level 35 metin stones with 1h glove:

30 green changers (25,5kk at 850k/each) --> Double the yang from the changers compared to the 45 stones
around 2-3 polys (lets say one savage, one infantry and one black wind, 18kk)
5 chaoses (1,8kk each = 9kk)
much more books hence you destroy more metins (around 7kk)
flag (x2 per hour, 1,5kk)

Around 60kk per hour, 54kk profit with subtracted glove --> double the amount of yang farmed

Lets keep in mind that you need better investment to farm 45 metins compared to a map2 farmer.

Even a level 10 account map1 at the lv 10 metin spot in the red kingdom produces like 30kk an hour. (Lv 10 is important for the bear gall drop)

There are 2 lv 10 metin stones on every ch and by the time u destroy all 6 chs they spawn back.

10-15 green changers ( lets take 12, 10,2kk)
lots of much since you destroy around 80-100 metins per hour. (10kk)
bear galls (very good drop at lv 10, atleast 10 per hour 750k each, 7,5kk)

Around 27kk profit.

At this point even a map1 farmer is more profitable.

The only stones that i would consider decent are the lv 50 metins but because of the piece of fabric and unknown medicine
drop not because the bonus changers drop so well.

Tekno

The lilac changers are needed to balance the mid level metins a little bit. At the moment farming map2 is more profitable then the mid level maps (metins lv 40, 45 and 55) since the changer drop is very bad and the chaoses are not much better tbh. Why would you farm the mid level metins for 2-3 bonus changers per hour when you can farm map2 and get around 30 green changers + poly marbles (savage minion around 11kk, savage 4-5kk and the black wind soldier 2-3kk). There is a reason nobody sane farms lv 45 metins. It is not okay for a map2 farmer with a 300kk eq to farm the same amount of yang that a lv 40-55 farmer farms. The only map that is worth jumping to from map2 is the snakefield with a yang set.

Example:

1h farm in snake field lv 45 metins with glove:

3-4 normal changers (lets say 10kk)
3 chaoses (7,5kk, 2,5 each)
cash (2kk)
uppgrades like scorpion tail, scorpion claw and snake tail+ that have a shitty drop anyway (3kk)
books (around 4kk)

Thats around 26kk. If you subtract the glove there is a 20kk profit in one hour.

Level 35 metin stones with 1h glove:

30 green changers (25,5kk at 850k/each) --> Double the yang from the changers compared to the 45 stones
around 2-3 polys (lets say one savage, one infantry and one black wind, 18kk)
5 chaoses (1,8kk each = 9kk)
much more books hence you destroy more metins (around 7kk)
flag (x2 per hour, 1,5kk)

Around 60kk per hour, 54kk profit with subtracted glove --> double the amount of yang farmed

Lets keep in mind that you need better investment to farm 45 metins compared to a map2 farmer.

Even a level 10 account map1 at the lv 10 metin spot in the red kingdom produces like 30kk an hour. (Lv 10 is important for the bear gall drop)

There are 2 lv 10 metin stones on every ch and by the time u destroy all 6 chs they spawn back.

10-15 green changers ( lets take 12, 10,2kk)
lots of much since you destroy around 80-100 metins per hour. (10kk)
bear galls (very good drop at lv 10, atleast 10 per hour 750k each, 7,5kk)

Around 27kk profit.

At this point even a map1 farmer is more profitable.

The only stones that i would consider decent are the lv 50 metins but because of the piece of fabric and unknown medicine
drop not because the bonus changers drop so well.
Even though you seem to have omitted one important factor - the character level - I agree that Snake field and Giant Wasteland could use a slight rework.
What I mean is, if you farm map 2 you are missing out on drop such as SS & Cors. (From level 50 I believe you can already drop 10 cors which if we take your approach of checking the items value is ~28-30kk) Yes, you have a limit of 10 a day but it boosts your per hour income.

Snake Field: First off, from the lvl 60 stone mobs you also drop polymorph marbles, which is one of the more recent buffs there, however I believe the issue could be the stones level. I do not have the exact data of people who farm there but from what I have seen it was mostly lvls 55-60 who, in my opinion, are already overleveled to farm lvl 60 stones. *the server rewards being ~15 levels below the target such as stone or a boss or a monster*. I don't think going the full yang route is still really viable as there has been inflation caused with beta. (It's being fought off with various means such as Godly/Heavenly Blessing Scrolls Fees, hefty tp fees, and so on. However, we are still in the stage where yang is not worth enough to do the pure yang approach). If one is a lvl 55/60, fireland seems to be a greater option as the stones there are lvl 70 so you are still underleveled and can get a better drop (good amount of bonus changers, Soul stones, vitality ores, and Cors on top of that). Yes, you can enter Snake Field at level 40 but good luck trying to farm the lvl 60 stones there. On the left side you get the lvl 70-something monsters that will knock you down, and this encourages people to farm on the right side. There is also Naaga and bosses that drop the key to the dungeon but despite the inflation the profitability of the dung itself hasn't changed much as pet potions remain the same price (due to the tainted version being obtainable at the npc) and only the pet experience ring went up in price (not sure how it's drop rate looks like). I don't think it's a bad thing because it makes it easier to get your pet maxed out for the same price when yang is cheaper.

Giant Wasteland: I like the concept of the map however the monsters on the hill (especially Giant Thousand Fighters) have a lvl requirement to drop (I think 70-ish) which if you consider is a bit off. Why is it off? At level 70-something you already got not ideal drop due to being close to the monster's level. With roughly 200k hp and level requirement to enter the map being just 45, you would expect good drop but no. Lots of hp, mediocre drop if you are close to their level, if you are a lower lvl you get almost no drop (look requirements). The idea of monsters having more hp than stones in their lvl range is cool because it requires you to do lots of dmg (if you can't poison them) while not dying as they deal quite a bit dmg. However, I believe the monster level/requirement & drops could be tweaked a bit to fit the game.

IDemonI

Even though you seem to have omitted one important factor - the character level - I agree that Snake field and Giant Wasteland could use a slight rework.
What I mean is, if you farm map 2 you are missing out on drop such as SS & Cors. (From level 50 I believe you can already drop 10 cors which if we take your approach of checking the items value is ~28-30kk) Yes, you have a limit of 10 a day but it boosts your per hour income.

Snake Field: First off, from the lvl 60 stone mobs you also drop polymorph marbles, which is one of the more recent buffs there, however I believe the issue could be the stones level. I do not have the exact data of people who farm there but from what I have seen it was mostly lvls 55-60 who, in my opinion, are already overleveled to farm lvl 60 stones. *the server rewards being ~15 levels below the target such as stone or a boss or a monster*. I don't think going the full yang route is still really viable as there has been inflation caused with beta. (It's being fought off with various means such as Godly/Heavenly Blessing Scrolls Fees, hefty tp fees, and so on. However, we are still in the stage where yang is not worth enough to do the pure yang approach). If one is a lvl 55/60, fireland seems to be a greater option as the stones there are lvl 70 so you are still underleveled and can get a better drop (good amount of bonus changers, Soul stones, vitality ores, and Cors on top of that). Yes, you can enter Snake Field at level 40 but good luck trying to farm the lvl 60 stones there. On the left side you get the lvl 70-something monsters that will knock you down, and this encourages people to farm on the right side. There is also Naaga and bosses that drop the key to the dungeon but despite the inflation the profitability of the dung itself hasn't changed much as pet potions remain the same price (due to the tainted version being obtainable at the npc) and only the pet experience ring went up in price (not sure how it's drop rate looks like). I don't think it's a bad thing because it makes it easier to get your pet maxed out for the same price when yang is cheaper.

Giant Wasteland: I like the concept of the map however the monsters on the hill (especially Giant Thousand Fighters) have a lvl requirement to drop (I think 70-ish) which if you consider is a bit off. Why is it off? At level 70-something you already got not ideal drop due to being close to the monster's level. With roughly 200k hp and level requirement to enter the map being just 45, you would expect good drop but no. Lots of hp, mediocre drop if you are close to their level, if you are a lower lvl you get almost no drop (look requirements). The idea of monsters having more hp than stones in their lvl range is cool because it requires you to do lots of dmg (if you can't poison them) while not dying as they deal quite a bit dmg. However, I believe the monster level/requirement & drops could be tweaked a bit to fit the game.
So i ve never heard of this, where is it stated that best drop is ~15 levels under the stone/mob?

IDemonI

It isn't stated anywhere but it's just a common knowledge from people who have put in the hours to figure it out
Thats untrue and it was debunked lots of times, i just thought on this sv is diff. Actually the best drop is as close to the mob/stone as possible from what i know, again dont know what its like here, so id like to hear a gm's statement.

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Regarding those liliac bonus changers and adders, they're a no-go. You've gotta decide on those from the start of the server, or they're off the table for good. Even with this it will still be a yang difference.

Now, when it comes to level differences between you and the monsters, that's where the passive drop rates come into play. Aim to be around 15 levels lower than the monster for the sweetest loot drops. This rule applies across the board, whether you're battling mobs or collecting stones.

When it comes to Snakefield and the Giant Wasteland, Snakefield stands out as a prime spot for generating raw yang, especially for lower-level players farming level 60 stones. Level 45 stones mark a crucial transition from green bonuses to normal ones, so their drop rates tend to be lower.

On the flip side, the Giant Wasteland offers a bit more versatility. Not only do giants drop upgrade materials, but you also have the opportunity to take on some stones when the forest gets overcrowded. This adds an extra dimension to your options, giving you more flexibility in how you approach your gameplay.

Currently, the server offers numerous boosts for low-level players. Additionally, if you manage to catch a jigsaw event, you're pretty much set. Just be sure to capitalize on the drop boost based on level differences. Doing so can significantly smooth out your gameplay experience and make it more profitable.

For instance, if you're lingering at level 42 and taking on stones ranging from level 40 to 45, it's essentially wasted effort. So, maximize your efficiency by aligning your level with the appropriate stone levels for optimal results.

I am open to listen to any of your concerns and problems regarding the state of low to medium level farming, maybe there are things you missed or have some more feedback. Also come back any time after you apply this level 15 difference knowledge.

Best of luck,
Snake

Proteus

Regarding those liliac bonus changers and adders, they're a no-go. You've gotta decide on those from the start of the server, or they're off the table for good. Even with this it will still be a yang difference.

Now, when it comes to level differences between you and the monsters, that's where the passive drop rates come into play. Aim to be around 15 levels lower than the monster for the sweetest loot drops. This rule applies across the board, whether you're battling mobs or collecting stones.

When it comes to Snakefield and the Giant Wasteland, Snakefield stands out as a prime spot for generating raw yang, especially for lower-level players farming level 60 stones. Level 45 stones mark a crucial transition from green bonuses to normal ones, so their drop rates tend to be lower.

On the flip side, the Giant Wasteland offers a bit more versatility. Not only do giants drop upgrade materials, but you also have the opportunity to take on some stones when the forest gets overcrowded. This adds an extra dimension to your options, giving you more flexibility in how you approach your gameplay.

Currently, the server offers numerous boosts for low-level players. Additionally, if you manage to catch a jigsaw event, you're pretty much set. Just be sure to capitalize on the drop boost based on level differences. Doing so can significantly smooth out your gameplay experience and make it more profitable.

For instance, if you're lingering at level 42 and taking on stones ranging from level 40 to 45, it's essentially wasted effort. So, maximize your efficiency by aligning your level with the appropriate stone levels for optimal results.

I am open to listen to any of your concerns and problems regarding the state of low to medium level farming, maybe there are things you missed or have some more feedback. Also come back any time after you apply this level 15 difference knowledge.

Best of luck,
Snake
So, do you think its normal for map1 stones to be more profitable compared to the lv 45 ones?

I agree, jigsaw event is a good boost for low players once a month but you used the word boosts (plural).
What are the other boosts for example? You can`t even finish this Battle Pass this month as a low level player.

The level 35 instead of 42 for lvl 45 stones wont make any difference because the lv 45 stones drop is pure trash.

Snakefield pure yang drop was nerfed, so you don´t do as much as before anyway.

And that 15 lvl rule can´t be applied everywhere, for example map2. Any sane person will go 35 for the armed horse to farm there. A solution for this would be to add the armed horse at lv 25 like on the other server.

IDemonI

Best of luck,
Snake
I love when a game has a team that listens to the actual players🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 hilarious. Things we missed? Those guys just made a fkn 100 page argument to why mid level farming is garbage. Yet you need to hear more? For what? To annoy everybody even more? Stop making fun of players ffs.

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
There won't be any changes similar to the horse adjustment; we're sticking to our systems as they are.

When I mention boosts, I'm referring to how the game has become easier for low-level players compared to its early months. We've implemented various buffs in that area, not to mention the Beginner Pack, which provides a significant boost.

The BP was never meant to be a necessity. That's why we shifted the system from unlocking to complete to unlock upon completion. If you manage to complete it or find that the rewards from the missions you've completed are profitable, then you can unlock it. But you can't have every system turned down a notch so that the level 35 guy can do it same as the 105. The game itself is about advancing and what is the point in advancing if you can do the same things in the current state.

Regarding level 45 metins, they mark the transition from the green bonus and low-level gameplay. Whether you choose to farm them or skip straight to 50-55 is up to you. Personally, I hardly touch them myself. During my playthroughs, I've found that reaching level 42 and moving from level 40 stones to level 55 ones is often the best strategy for me. Every map or stone won't perform the same way; some will be better, and some will be worse. It's all about finding what works best for your playstyle.

So, staying at level 35 and then moving to a more lucrative farming area than Shadow Metins isn't an issue. However, buffing a stone that offers the same top-notch material like the higher-level ones could create a chain effect that devalues the changer. In the end, after recalculating, you might find that sticking to Map2 is still the better option even after a buff. It's all about balancing the game economy to ensure that each area and resource retains its value and purpose. Right now the general purpose of the level 45 is to be a short transition.

If, for some reason, farming at level 55 ends up yielding the same results as farming at level 35, then that's definitely a red flag, and one of them would need to be adjusted. However, as you improve your damage and clear times, it's unlikely that sticking to low-level farming would be the better option.

Also, @IDemonI , I don't want to dismiss the fact that I'm an active player myself. I test the game's states regularly. While the server isn't easy, labeling mid-level farming as garbage isn't accurate. If a player presents a lengthy argument, it doesn't automatically become the Bible of Metin2. Remember, this post received more downvotes than upvotes, indicating that there might be issues with the playstyle rather than the gameplay itself. It's crucial to consider a variety of perspectives and experiences before drawing conclusions.

IDemonI

And becouse the thread recieved more downvotes with 0 arguments you chose to say no no to it, but a well made argument with good points of view means nothing. The thing about the normal changers is that they will, sooner or later, explode in price, becouse they are useful, while the green ones not so much, and while normal changers will 100% go up in price, green changers might even go down, making the life of every new player even worse than it is rn

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Somehow any argument I give you it is worthless since you can't figure out that I am trying to give you advices. So this will be my last reply to you.

If you add lilac changer on a server from the beginning the market and the updates are made accordingly. If you add during then it turns to chaos, Doing this will make normal changers go down in value and affect the farming experience from like level 50-60 above. You are saying affecting low level players when it takes less than a week to be able to farm level 55 stones or even higer and make more profit. If you want to stay low level it is a choice not a requirement. That doesn't mean you will start earning the same as a forest farmer or temple one just because "you feel like" playing low level all the time.

But don't forget you are comparing stuff like changers but forget that you unlock more systems like alchemy and such by levelling. If you are focused just on one item then you will never. Yeah maybe the changer % raises 2-3% per each stone but from one stone to another you have more variety of drops ranging from soul stones to cors to better value weapons.

So the final decision in this will be that we won't add lilac bonus changer on the current server.

IDemonI

Somehow any argument I give you it is worthless since you can't figure out that I am trying to give you advices. So this will be my last reply to you.

If you add lilac changer on a server from the beginning the market and the updates are made accordingly. If you add during then it turns to chaos, Doing this will make normal changers go down in value and affect the farming experience from like level 50-60 above. You are saying affecting low level players when it takes less than a week to be able to farm level 55 stones or even higer and make more profit.
Ok bro u re the one since in a week you can farm lv 55 metins. Btw dont add nemere cuz worlds shield price will go crazy and it will be chaos. X D. But yeah i respect your decision dont add lilac changers for now.