What's new

Function not to see cosmetics / Costume bonuses

3XK

Suggestion 1: Toggle

Hello,

As the title says, I would like to propose a function in form of a in-game toggle allowing You to disable certain cosmetics. The exact functionality is down to the team, but grand idea is that the player can now select rather he will see costumes in game, or not.

Why?

Because selling point of WoM2 is a classic Metin 2 experience and certain costumes (Football, Lifeguard, Firefighter, Snowman etc) are not following a vision of old school Metin 2 and brake immersion for some players. It was not an issue until now, because You could ignore the cosmetics Yourself if You wished to, however, with the new 30 days costumes bonuses, You will likely want to use that extra push as it is pretty significant. Almost every multiplayer game allows the player to toggle rather he would like to see cosmetics in game (most games also provide an option to see "Immersive/Realistic" cosmetics and disable only unrealistic ones) and perhaps it is doable on WoM2 as well.

EDIT: Snake Confirmed that the team is woring on the toggle! From now on lets focus only on suggestion 2.

Suggestion 2: The concept of bonuses on the costumes

I would like to propose that the team reconsiders the current scheme of the bonuses in costumes. Even tho the bonuses are reserved for timed costumes, if You manage when to collect it You can extend Your bonuses for a very prolonged periods of time. The bonuses also give a very significant push with multiple options, for example 20% elemental resistance. If You get your hands on a costume set with 20% elemental resistance, for a lot of activities You can simply skip making new equipment sets, which was a must before. This also seems to steer away from the Classic, Hard experience, given that now a Lv 55 warrior can farm fireland only with the costume and one 6-15% Fire res item, same goes for Red Woods etc (not sure how this affects beta, perhaps some higher level players can clarify). Another point worth making here, is that this further increases the gap between the casual, less experienced players and people sweeting. It is generally not a problem to complete the BP for a tryhard player, but it can be, and usually is an obstacle for a casual player. Such Casual players will not be getting their hands on the costumes, or at least fewer of them will, while people with a lot of time and experience will be able to not only afford great eq, but also high push bonuses from costumes that will further separate them from casual players on their respective level bracket.

Last edited:

Zwierz

I agree, there should be an option that hides the costume or one that allows us to replace its appearance with another permanent costume we have - now they are useless because why should I use my permanent costumes if they do nothing? They have no use at this point.
As for the costume bonuses, they are definitely too op. They should not provide more than 5% resistance in the maximum bonus (10% per set).

3XK

I agree, there should be an option that hides the costume or one that allows us to replace its appearance with another permanent costume we have - now they are useless because why should I use my permanent costumes if they do nothing? They have no use at this point.
As for the costume bonuses, they are definitely too op. They should not provide more than 5% resistance in the maximum bonus (10% per set).

+1 What is even the point of 15 EUR costumes, to stand afk in Map 1 because when u farm (people or mobs lol) u are gonna dress like a lifeguard? That another weird think about this, IM costumes are a harmless income source for the server and something a lot of people enjoy, but whats the point of pursuing one now