What's new

Bravery cape bug

Woxys

Hello,

Sometimes when using the bravery cape, the monstres run away from me, sometimes all of them.
It's annoying because if you want to lvl up basically you have to run more and get them back.

I would very much appreciate if this could be fixed.

Thanks!

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i think thats because: for example if you are in a spider dungeon, when you use a bravery cape and they run away those spiders are probably from some other room, dragged away by other player earlier, so when you use a bravery cape they just run away back to their original spot. That's what i know and its from before, somebody correct me if i am wrong...and honestly, i doubt there's any solution to this.

Regards.

Woxys

Hello,

This mostly happened to me in map2. Although what you are saying makes sense, i believe there is a solution to it. Monsters can be made to follow you from their current location but limited to X amount of travel distance (so they don't follow you 4ever. I don't know what are the implication on implementing this on the back side.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

right, okay. I mentioned this issue within the team and hopefully they will have some productive solution to this situation so no one has to waste a bravery cape(s) for nothing.
Thank you for understanding and patience.

Regards.

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Hello,

This mostly happened to me in map2. Although what you are saying makes sense, i believe there is a solution to it. Monsters can be made to follow you from their current location but limited to X amount of travel distance (so they don't follow you 4ever. I don't know what are the implication on implementing this on the back side.

Hi Woxys, the logic behind this system actually works pretty close to this entry of yours. The reason why the mobs run away from you is they have an original spot of spawn, they have a radius (let's say 1000) originated in their spawn spot and they cannot go any further than that. When you press your cape and when the mobs start to run away from you, that means in order to reach you, they have to go further than 1000 distance, that is why they prefer to go back to their spawn point instead.

I'm not sure how wise it would be to make such change, as it may break some internal systems for us. But if it is implementable without too much effort, I think it is a good suggestion.